Cakes and cupcakes are such popular treats. You can find them in any event you can think of. The cake or cupcake alone can hold its own but if you would like to make it even more special, you can add a little something on the top.
In today’s time, everyone seems to make their own cake or cupcake toppers rather than buying them in a store. Pretty much all parties or dessert tables are showcasing the creative works of the party organizer which is usually your parents or yourself.
It is a great way to save a little money from your budget and it adds a personal touch to your cake or cupcakes. You can also make it to match the theme of the whole celebration. You can copy a lot of designs in the internet or you can take different ideas and combine everything to make your own original design.
So I thought I would put together a little short and sweet tutorial on these cuties. If you haven’t made some, maybe this post will get you feeling creative and festive and you’ll throw some together for your next event!
You’ll need the following materials:
Craft puncher (found in any bookstore or school supplies department or in any arts and craft stores)
Scissors to cut the designs in squares
Lollipop sticks or skewers
Transparent tape or glue
Here is how to make them, it is SO easy.
1. Look for the design that you want depending on the occasion. Once you find the design that you feel is the perfect one for the event, print it out; however, you need to make sure that the measurements are exact so it won’t overpower the cake or cupcakes.
2. Cut out the design in squares using the scissors.
3. This is where the craft puncher comes in. Take one square of the design you want and get to work. Once you are done, this is how it will look like.
4. You can also opt not to use the craft puncher and make different shapes such as diamonds, hearts, or any shape you can think of.
5. Prepare the glue or transparent tape, and lollipop sticks.
6. Take the finished cut out and glue or tape it to the lollipop sticks or skewers and voila! Make sure that the lollipop stick or skewers don’t stick out of the top. You are done with the cupcake or cake topper.
7. Make sure to let it dry first before inserting the finished topper into the cupcakes or cake. Enjoy!
There are many instances where beautiful cakes and cupcakes are needed. Create your own cake or cupcake toppers to sit on top of your yummy cake and cupcakes to go with the theme of the celebration and add a bit more decoration to the cake or cupcakes. Mix and match several designs to get the perfect design you are looking for.
Enjoy making and crafting everyone!