Newly engaged couples have a lot of things to worry about and as we all know it, the wedding cake is rarely at the top of the list. Getting married is a big step and will definitely impact several aspects of one’s life. One detail that they tend to overlook is the wedding cake topper.
Though a cute cake topper isn’t really necessary, it can add a personal touch to your cake. While the traditional bride and groom cake topper is always an option, there are several other ideas or designs to really let your personality shine through your cake topper.
Placed on the top most layer of the wedding cake, these wedding cake toppers are one-of-a-kind and are inspired by the couple that they are made for. To help you make up your mind, here are several modern wedding cake topper suggestions that you can choose from to adorn your wedding cake:
1. If you are having a garden wedding or a wedding outdoors, this hand painted birds toppers are perfect for your cake.
2. Try making and painting your own wooden art cake topper. Nothing’s more important than adding a personal and special touch to your wedding cake.
3. If you want to add a classic look to your wedding cake, this silhouette cake topper is perfect for you. It will add a dose of vintage charm to your cake!
4. If you and your partners are book lovers, this cake topper is the one for you.
5. Since weddings are all about the love you share with your significant other, why not go all out and dress your wedding cake with cute hearts?
6. This cake topper made from natural grapevine can be embellished with optional bits of moss.
7. If you are looking for a new or modern cake topper to crown your cake, try getting Word Cake Toppers as seen below.
8. Add style, beauty, and elegance to your wedding cake with these Bejeweled Letter Crystal Cake Toppers.
9. For a cheap but cute option, consider making your own cake topper with nothing but a photo stand and some printed pictures! Add pictures from your bridal shoot for a fun twist on the traditional bride and groom topper, or choose different photos to create the feel you want!
10. If you don’t want a cartoon version of yourself on your cake, there is always the option to go with cute little love birds or another animal you both like. Doves, giraffes, foxes, and deer are all adorable choices!
Cake toppers range from modern styles to silhouettes to small animals to calligraphy of your names. There are endless possibilities you can think about, all you have to do is work hand in hand with your cake designer to come up with something unique that will truly reflect your personality. However, if you feel that your wedding cake doesn’t need a topper, then there’s no real reason to have one.